Sunday, June 10, 2007

My sister's visit and a television

I completely forgot to mention that my one and only (and older) sister is visiting from Alaska for 2 weeks. She came in on Friday and she, I, my friend, Ben, his roommate and his friend, all went to a really nice Asian restaurant where we loaded up on sushi and sake. Good stuff.

I also just bought a new 37" 1080p LCD HDTV. After waiting years for the right time to get an HDTV (I probably could have waited a few more), I finally made the jump. I've been holding off until prices were reasonable and the quality compromise from CRT wasn't as big. I'd still like to get a DLP instead, but my friend has had the same model since November of last year and still loves it and he bought it for $200 more than what I'm paying for it. It's a big step up from my current 24" flat CRT SDTV with component inputs I bought for my Xbox about 4 years ago. Now I have to figure out how I'm going to set it up.

No comments: