Sunday, August 19, 2007

Summer is over!

Well, yesterday was my final meeting of my photography class (and I just updated my Flickr site with the 10 prints I scanned in for my final portfolio). I had to present my portfolio and afterwards I took my friend, Ben, down to Sima in Kettering, Ohio to eat some of the best sushi I've ever had. It was my second time going there and I really wanted to show Ben the place to celebrate the end of my class and to celebrate his birthday (which happened the week prior).

My photography class was hard, a lot of work, but I really liked it and everyone in my class and will miss them. The fall quarter starts up in about 2 weeks, so I don't have a lot of time to relax, but it's good to be free for a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I commented on all your portfolio photos on Flickr. I am guessing the subject was roads and pathways and seemed to repeat the same curve in the road element. These look great with good tonal values. I look forward to seeing your photos from my art exhibit opening event and elsewhere in Yellow Springs.

Don't forget we've got plans for dinner and reinstalling my old PC on Sunday, Aug 26th at my place at 3pm.

yo bro

Tom III

Tim Watson said...

Yeah, if you read this post, you'd have seen that I had just gone to Sima. I drove my friend all the way from Piqua to Kettering and back.

It was his first time there, and I wanted to take him there. We got an order of gyoza, 2 Raptors rolls, 1 Playboll roll, and something else (can't remember). We also got a bottle of cold sake. I paid for both our meals and came away with a bill for $80.