Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I might get a job at Hobart

Well, I just got a call on Tue. and went in for a tour today, so if I get picked, I should hear by this Friday if I got the job. If I do, I should be starting by next Tue. or Wed.

If I don't get that job (which would be great, other than it's further away from home than my last job), there's still a possibility that I could get in at a job where an acquaintance works.

I'm not too worried about getting a job (at least not this week). I like the free-time, but I need a steady income to get me out of debt.

Oh, that reminds me; getting out of debt was one of the goals I had for this year (or was it last year?). Well, I've got most of my credit (which was at ~$4,000 before I started work at my last job) onto a 0% APR credit card so I'm not getting hit with compound interest while I pay off my debt. That has helped a little, but the real thing that has helped me cut my debt in half in about 5 months was to come up with a simple ratio for my money and get Quicken to help me keep tabs on where I put my money. Also, to get a debit card and use that instead of credit. I've also tried not to eat out much and curb my spending habits.

I've got a little over $1, 000 in savings and about the same in a checking account I use for all my bills and spending. If I was to pay off my credit with my money I have saved in both accounts, I would be almost in the black (that might have changed to black with my last paycheck I will receive from my last job). I like the control I feel I have over my expenses and using Quicken to visually see where my money goes and what I spend the most on has been really fun, actually.

No comments: