Monday, April 25, 2005

Detroit Day 1: First day in D!

Well, I'm here in Detroit right now sitting comfortably in my room. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to connect to the internet, but this hotel has graciously supplied a wireless bridge that I got to work with WinXP lickety-split.

I've never messed with a WLAN, but it was surprisingly easy. I still wish I had a decent laptop (just powerful enough to do email, run swiftly, and be light and portable. I'd still love to have a TabletPC, if only they were less expensive. I'd rather have a powerful desktop than spend a grand on a laptop that is too static, too propietary, and obsolete in a year or two. I only spent about $500 on the raw components that make up my current desktop and I'm super pleased getting mostly new and powerful features and not spending a bundle.

I'll be taking some pictures and then transfering them to this PC, so if I take the time to get an account with 'Hello!" or something (the only, or rather "preferred", according to Google) to post pictures on your blog, I'll post some up on here.

I'll try to write at least once a day on here (more for posterity for my own sake) and when my memories are still fresh in my mind. Stay tuned...

No comments: