Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Detroit Day 4: Still rainy and cold

Earlier this week, by looking at Weather.com's forecast, today was supposed to be the warmest and have the smallest chance of precipitation, but it's still rainy and cold. In fact, it's even colder than yesterday, and Monday, the day of the week that was 'supposed' to have rain/show showers, turned out to be the warmest and provide the most sunshine. :/

Anyway, my roomy had managed to swing it so that he could off earlier (3PM) so we could check out some of the places that close around 5 or 6PM. I'd like to go to the Henry Ford Museum, but since that costs $13 admission and we'll only be there for 1 1/2 hours max., I'm thinking we might just go somewhere else today, which is pretty much our last day to really do anything.
Tomorrow, though, I'll have to figure out where I'm going to wait around since we have to check out, and my friend has to work. I'd like to take that opportunity to check out some of the downtown area in the daytime (though it was nice and traffic-less last night), but without transportation for me to the city, I may just have to spend all day at a much less interesting place. :(

Now that I think about it, since my friend doesn't have as much money as he'd like and since he's told me he doesn't really want to pay that much admission for the Henry Ford Museum, I'm thinking he could drop me off there tomorrow and I'd spend all day there possibly. It's the closet to our hotel and his where's working, so it's probably the best place to be, while still giving me something interesting to do.

In that case, we might just go to the Ren Cen and GM World tonight. In any case, I'll need to pick up some batteries for my camera. ;)

No comments: